STATEMENT OF FAITH
FCA’s Statement of Faith helps us keep Christ the center of our ministry with a clear understanding of what we believe. As a ministry, we focus on what we agree on, not what we disagree about. FCA does not deal with
doctrinal differences like the gifts of the Spirit and baptism. This allows us to be inter-denominational while keeping Christ at the core of our ministry.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. We believe that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Deity - John 1:1, 14); (Atonement - Hebrews 9:15-22); (Virgin Birth - Matthew 1:18, 25); (Bodily Resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:18); (Sinless Life - Hebrews 4:15); (Personal Return - Hebrews 9:27-28)
4. We believe that for the Salvation of lost and sinful men (and women), regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 3:16; John 5:24; Titus 3:3-7)
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose in-dwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13, 14)
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (Matthew 25:31-46, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 2:1-4)
STUDENT LEADERSHIP STATEMENT
Just as “captains” are held to a higher standard for their team, FCA Student Leaders are held to a higher standard of biblical lifestyle and conduct. God desires all of His people, especially leaders, to pursue His standards of holiness through their conduct and obedience. Paul the Apostle instructed young Timothy to live similarly in 1 Timothy 4:12. (NLT):
“Do not let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity [chastity].”
FCA Student Leaders are not always perfect examples, but they do their best to live and conduct themselves in accordance with biblical values and instruction in order to glorify God. If there are questions about what God says regarding how we live our lives, FCA encourages student leaders to look to the Bible as their Playbook and speak to a FCA Adult Volunteer or Staff member if there are further questions.
CHRISTIAN CHARACTER & MISSION
To express and exercise FCA’s Christian beliefs, all FCA representatives shall contribute to FCA’s Christian character and mission. Accordingly, each FCA representative shall be expected to model FCA’s Christian beliefs for the larger community, perform all of their duties as a service to God and comply with the following obligations.
BELIEFS: Each FCA representatives shall affirm their agreement with FCA’s Christian beliefs and shall not subscribe to or promote any religious beliefs inconsistent with these beliefs.
CHRISTIAN CONDUCT STANDARDS: FCA Representatives shall at all times (both during working and non-working hours) endeavor to conduct themselves in a manner that affirms biblical standards of conduct in accordance with FCA’s Christian beliefs. Such conduct standards include FCA’s Youth Protection Policy and Sexual Purity Statement.
DISTINCTLY CHRISTIAN ACTIVITIES: Each FCA Representative shall be ready, willing and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities such as worship and prayer services.